2021 Virgin Money Virtual London Marathon: Terms and conditions
By registering for a place to run for Breadline Africa in the 2021 Virgin Money Virtual London Marathon you are agreeing to the below terms and conditions.
London Marathon Event – London Marathon Events Limited
Event – 2021 Virgin Money Virtual London Marathon
Charity place – a place in the Event, offered by Breadline Africa
You – the person submitting the application
Us – Breadline Africa
The Charity – Breadline Africa
Race Day – 3 October 2021
- You agree that you will be 18 years of age or above, before or on the day of the Event.
- You acknowledge that you will be contacted by email, phone, SMS and post in relation to the Event ensuring the Charity and London Marathon Events can deliver the necessary administration and communication required to complete your successful participation in the Event.
- You understand that the Charity has limited availability of places for the Event and you may not be allocated a place. Allocation of places will be at the Charity’s sole discretion and we may contact you to request further information about your application.
- You understand that if you are successful in being offered a Charity place in the Event you must reply to the Charity’s offer within one week of the offer being received or the offer may be withdrawn.
- You understand that at the time of accepting the Charity’s offer of a charity place in the Event, you must pay the London Marathon registration fee of £20 to the Charity immediately.
- You acknowledge the London Marathon registration fee of £20 you have paid is non-refundable and cannot be used towards your sponsorship pledge.
- You acknowledge that the Charity has the right to withdraw places at any time and without giving a reason.
- You acknowledge this is a fundraising Event and commit to raise the minimum sponsorship pledge of £250, excluding any Gift Aid or Employer match giving.
- You agree to let us know as soon as you realise you may have problems with reaching the £250 fundraising target.
- You agree to conduct your fundraising via Virgin Money Giving as required by London Marathon Events, where you can set up a fundraising page free of charge. The Charity will assist and provide you guidance with this.
- You agree to raise money solely for the Charity and no other causes, in relation to the Event.
- When fundraising, you will act lawfully and follow the fundraising guidelines and direction given by the Charity. You must make it clear you are fundraising in “aid of Breadline Africa” and are not representing on behalf of Breadline Africa. You must not do anything that may harm the reputation of Breadline Africa or act in a manner contrary to Breadline Africa’s values.
- For any independent fundraising Events that you carry out to raise funds (for example a cake sale or pub quiz), you acknowledge that you are carrying out such Events in your own capacity. It is your responsibility to organise all aspects of such an Event and make it clear that such an Event is run by you “in aid of” Breadline Africa and is not run by Breadline Africa. You also agree to make it clear that such an Event is not “on behalf of Breadline Africa” and that the Charity will not accept any responsibility or liability for such an Event. If you wish to use the Charity’s logo, please contact the Charity team who can provide an “in aid of” logo together with promotional literature. You must also comply with any local restrictions or government guidelines on coronavirus and social distancing.
- The Charity will do all we can to help you with your fundraising, including providing ideas, materials and advice.
- You agree to secure a licence from the relevant local authority before collecting funds on the street or in a public place. You acknowledge you are responsible for obtaining any such licence and this is not the responsibility of us.
- You agree to ensure all sponsorship funds are collected and paid to us via Virgin Money Giving no later than six weeks after the Event.
- You acknowledge that the Charity will share your contact details with London Marathon Events or third party organiser of the Event in which you are taking part. We will never share your data with any other third parties or use it in any other way unless you agree.
- If you have to withdraw prior to the Event, you must notify us immediately and before 20 June 2021 if possible.
- You understand that if you advise the Charity of your withdrawal before 20 June 2021 the Charity has sufficient time to re-allocate your place to another runner before the London Marathon Event deadline to register entrants, 16 July 2021.
- You understand that if you advise the Charity of your withdrawal after 16 July 2021, the Charity cannot offer the place to another runner. Therefore, if you withdraw after 16 July 2021, the Charity will lose money.
- You agree to inform your sponsors and donors that you have to withdraw from the Event. Any money raised will be retained as a donation towards the Charity. If you wish to refund your donors in this instance, you must ask your individual donors to contact us, as they will be refunded directly.
- The Event which you are registering for is physically challenging and may pose a risk of discomfort, illness, injury, and even death. You need to be satisfied that you are physically capable of doing the Event without undue risk to your health or life. The Charity does not conduct health or fitness checks on entrants and the responsibility for your ability to participate in the Event including any training for the Event is with you as the participant.
- If you have a medical condition or are unsure of your physical ability to take part in the Event, you must seek medical advice from a general practitioner prior to participating in the Event.
- You acknowledge that the Charity is unable to provide insurance for any fundraising activity and that you are responsible for securing appropriate insurance coverage if required.
- You acknowledge that you are fully responsible for your participation in the Event and the Charity does not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage arising from the Event and will not provide insurance cover.
- You understand the Event will be on a course of your choice and must be undertaken from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59BST on Race Day.
- You acknowledge that any photography or film footage taken as part of your participation in the Event can be used for promotional and marketing purposes for this Event and any future Breadline Africa Events. If you’d prefer your image not to be used, please make us aware.
- You will be given Breadline Africa branded materials, including running vest and/or cotton t-shirt.
- You agree you will not engage in behaviour that could bring the Charity into disrepute whilst wearing or using these materials e.g. offensive or aggressive behaviour or language or acting in a way that will harm others.
- You will ensure all correspondence regarding your Event participation is directed to Wendy Hill, Breadline Africa UK Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 1473 259 048.
Breadline Africa’s primary goal is to help children do better in school by ensuring that they have safer spaces to learn in. It’s difficult to focus on learning when the roof is leaking and the temperatures drop in winter. Teachers also struggle to help their charges when they are worried about the children hurting themselves on a broken board or rusty nail.