30m² prefabricated library
30 May 2023
No of children
• Springvalley Primary School was founded by Pastor Becker and classes range from Grade R to Grade 7. The learners come from neighbouring farms and a nearby township known as Thubelihle, near the town of Kriel, in Mpumalanga.
• This school is situated in a rural area of the province and has no access to electricity. The school’s office is powered by a small solar generation system and its water is supplied by 13 storage tanks that the municipality fills several times a month. The parents at this school do not pay fees as most are poverty-stricken foreign nationals without proper documentation.
• Prior to this donation, the school made use of a small converted shipping container that served as both an office and a library – there was no space for the children to sit and read.
• Funding for the project was provided by Breadline Africa’s individual donors and long-standing funder, Novus Holdings.
• Caroline Tinsley, Breadline Africa Partnership Manager, congratulated Springvalley Primary School on its new library: “Breadline Africa is immensely proud to be a part of this initiative aimed at improving the lives of these young minds. Through the doors of this library, a world of knowledge, inspiration, and endless possibilities awaits the eager minds of Springvalley Primary School. It is here that dreams will be nurtured, imaginations will soar, and aspirations will find wings to take flight. This library is a sanctuary of learning, a sanctuary of growth, and a sanctuary of hope. She thanked the donors for their generosity, emphasising the difference that this library has already made in the lives of the children and added: “To our partners, who have worked tirelessly alongside us, we cannot express our appreciation enough. Your dedication, expertise, and commitment have been instrumental in turning this vision into a reality. It is through our strong partnership that we have been able to make a lasting impact on the lives of these young learners.”