2 x 30m² prefabricated classrooms
17 March 2023
No of children
• On 17 March 2023, with the support of the Development Bank of Southern Africa, Little Angels Educare celebrated the handover of two 30m² prefabricated classrooms.
• A year ago, the principal of the school was delighted to receive four classrooms, a container toilet, office and kitchen, donated by Sun GrandWest and individual donors. At the launch event, it was identified that the pre-school needed additional structures to replace the remaining unsafe shack being used as two classrooms.
• Botho Lobola and Noma Zonke represented the Development Bank of South Africa and were charmed by the song and dance performances that had been prepared especially for their visit.
• Principal, Joyce Matroos said in her speech: “Thank you very much for everything. When I recall back to last year and how the place was and how it is now, WOW… WOW I can’t even explain. I thank Breadline Africa and all the donors who assisted when we were really in need. Thank you for taking care of our centres, building classrooms for the future of our children in our community.”
• Botho Lobola added: “We believe that helping those less fortunate is the true essence of humanity, we live to serve” (inspired by Abhijit Naskar).
• Breadline Africa representative, Janine McEvoy closed off the speeches by paraphrasing Darren Walker, President of the Ford Foundation, who said: “Collaboration between non-profits and corporate funders is not just a nice-to-have; it’s a necessity if we want to create lasting change in the world.” She added her thanks to the Development Bank of South Africa for this wonderful collaboration.